Job Overview and Responsibilities:
Reporting to Commercial Director, the Energy Storage & Power Network Systems Analyst will be responsible for creating and developing models to analyse the performance and value of 1414 Degrees’ thermal energy storage systems (TESS) for potential and existing customers and on power grids. Other responsibilities including developing strategies for optimising TESS sizing and value in applications that help enable renewable power integration, reduce customer costs and increase electric grid reliability.
The work will involve the operations, engineering and financial aspects of data gathering, analysis, insight and strategy generation and report production.
Specific Core Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties in line with broad corporate objectives.
- Develop operating software programs/algorithms for managing operations, optimising system configurations, and optimising performance and customer value.
- Create systems models and algorithms for using the TESS in hybrid applications with other energy storage technologies, renewable generation, and traditional generation assets.
- Provide both technical and financial analysis of system performance, including developing before/after implementation scenarios. Work with industry experts and external consultants to develop energy trading models and optimise trading strategies.
- Model and analyse opportunities for TESS in the context of the evolving Australian National Electricity Market, increased renewable generation and/or other scenarios.
- Work with the 1414 Degrees engineering and commercial teams, customers and commercial partners to develop and implement required analysis and communications.
- Support as necessary international marketing and sales initiatives.
- Develop and analyse requirements and specification with customers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, mathematics, science or related field with experience in power systems modelling.
- Highly proficient in Excel, including the ability to develop models, algorithms and perform data analysis.
- Technical understanding of the power dispatch systems and ancillary services, particularly as they pertain to renewable generation.
- Highly motivated and independent individual who has demonstrated excellent written and verbal communications skills and is comfortable working in a team environment and in customer-facing situations.
- Interest in, knowledge of and experience with emerging technologies for smart grids would be useful.
If you have the skills, experience, qualifications and flexibility to help drive 1414 Degrees as it fills the critical gap in energy storage technology, we would welcome your registration of interest. Please forward your up to date resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must have the right to work and live in Australia.