Job Overview and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the in-house Legal Counsel will play a key role in the achievement of 1414 Degrees’ business strategies by providing exceptional legal support and advice for M&A transactions, giving accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics and specifying internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance.
Specific Key Responsibilities:
- Providing expert advice in the areas of M&A, corporate and commercial law, particularly in relation to acquisitions, major project development and operational initiatives.
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on a broad range of commercial contracts.
- Providing legal advice to 1414 Degrees on corporate and commercial law aspects of various transactions.
- Develop and implement initiatives to ensure the effectiveness of legal services provided to deliver the best outcomes for 1414 Degrees business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the various operational environments that 1414 Degrees operates in to enable to provision of sound legal advice pertaining to its assets and operations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
- We expect you will have advised senior leaders and/or clients on complex legal matters particularly pertaining to corporate, commercial and M&A law within a regulated and complex environment.
- You will be able to demonstrate a record of success as an In-House Legal Counsel within an ASX listed company, or have a record of success as a commercial lawyer within a top-tier or mid-tier law firm.
- You will have outstanding business acumen, demonstrated by your strategic, pragmatic approach to legal matters in light of the underlying business drivers.
- You will be able to demonstrate outstanding people and communication skills to enable you to effectively engage within Executive Team and management; with the capability to explain complex issues clearly and concisely.
- You will be a tertiary qualified lawyer with current practising certificate for Australia.
If you have the skills, experience, qualifications and flexibility to help drive 1414 Degrees as it fills the critical gap in energy storage technology, we would welcome your registration of interest. Please forward your up to date resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must have the right to work and live in Australia.