Project Development Manager
- – Excellent career opportunity in renewable energy
- – Drive deployment of locally developed ground-breaking storage technology
- – Make a difference in a small, collaborative company
- – Lead a project to develop a hybrid renewable energy plant and storage park
About the role
SiliconAurora Pty Ltd is the subsidiary company of 1414 Degrees that owns the Aurora Project, located near Port Augusta, South Australia. This will be a hybrid renewable energy plant utilising a combination of photovoltaic (PV) generation and a large battery. The longer-term plan is to add a 1414 Degrees TESS to provide long duration firmed power from renewable energy.
We have an exciting opportunity for a person who is keen to make a change and have a positive impact. We are seeking a switched-on person who is ready to act quickly and decisively. You will take ownership of end to end management for the first stage development of the hybrid PV-battery power project. The second stage will incorporate 1414 Degrees’ TESS. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer of SiliconAurora your successful development and delivery of the hybrid energy solution will play a key role in the achievement of 1414 Degrees’ business goals.
This is a broad role, incorporating both technical and managerial elements. You will be willing and able to be hands-on with daily transactional functions on and off-site while maintaining focus on the more strategic aspects. Although based in Adelaide, significant site travel may be required.
The role is initially offered as a 12-month employment contract with the potential for extension as the project progresses.
You will be an experienced project manager with tertiary qualifications in engineering or other relevant field and solid experience in similar renewable energy and energy industry project development roles. More specifically, your skills will include:
- – Excellent project management skills
- – Familiarity with solar and storage technologies
- – Experience with generation development and network connection and approvals processes
- – Experience in building relationships and working with third party engineering firms, EPCs, local representatives (county, landowner, governmental agencies, etc)
- – Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- – Demonstrated organisational, strategic, planning and delivery capability
- – Flexibility to work within a rapidly changing environment
If you have the qualifications, skills, agility, and passion to join 1414 Degrees as we forge forward to fill the critical gap in energy storage technology, we will welcome your application.
Act now and forward your resume/CV with a letter of application addressing the following questions:
- Describe your previous experience in the development of utility scale solar/power projects?
- Describe your experience working with TCA with Electranet?
Queries can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. No recruitment agencies, please.
Applications are to be lodged via Seek. Click here to apply.
Applications close 9.00 am Monday 24 August 2020