Job Overview and Responsibilities:
1414 Degrees’ thermal energy storage system (TESS) is highly efficient, clean, scalable, sustainable and unlike any other energy storage system in the world. We believe in a sustainable energy future, where energy is available to all, at all times. Our Australian roots ground us in an environment that demands us to challenge the status quo, and our agility and commitment will deliver global applications.
1414 Degrees’ technology stores energy generated from electricity or gas and supplies both heat and electricity in the proportions required by consumers. It is unique in its combination of low cost, flexibility of location, scalability, and sustainability. Following years of effort by the Company’s engineering team and the successful development of its commercial demonstrator, the Company is now in an early stage of product development and commercialisation.
We are seeking an experienced electrical engineer or industrial electrician with a passion for power generation and renewable energy. As a member of our small engineering team, this newly created role is key to the future success of our business and provides the opportunity to embrace new technologies, equipment and applications.
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, you will be responsible for all electrical related project delivery functions associated with the development of a thermal energy storage system (TESS). You will undertake the design, construction, integration, maintenance and repair of complex control systems, PLC automation, instrumentation, SCADA, HMI and VSDs. Your work will involve projects across a wide range of industries, providing mental challenge and many opportunities to contribute your existing industry knowledge while building and extending your knowledge. This is an excellent opportunity for a person seeking to join a fast-paced and growing power technologies company, in an exciting and expanding industry sector.
Key to your success in this role will be:
- Engineering degree or advanced diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in design, selection, installation and inspection of power conversion systems or relevant electrical power technologies for the power generation and distribution industry
- Demonstrated experience in full project life-cycle from design to commissioning
- Practical experience with PLCs, HMIs, VSDs and SCADA systems from a variety of OEMs; knowledge of PLC/HMI programming will be highly regarded
- Capability with AutoCAD and interpreting schematics (2D)
- Proven ability to analyse and resolve technical matters
- Demonstrated commitment to safe working practices
- Excellent team work, communication and collaboration
If you have the skills, qualifications, agility, and passion to join 1414 Degrees as it forges forward to fill the critical gap in Energy Storage Technology, we would welcome your application. Only applications lodged via seek.com.au will be considered. Applications close at 9.00 am on Monday 18 June 2018
Appointment to this role will be subject to pre-employment checks including background and qualifications. Candidates must have unrestricted right to work in Australia.